The Bank of Russia has released four new coins in the series "Cities of Military Glory"
Today, 18 December 2015, the Bank of Russia has issued four new coins in the series "Cities of Military Glory".
The front side of the coin is identical: it depicts the denomination of coins, which encircle the laurel branch (left) and oak (right). Inside of the figure "0" a security element in the form of the number "10" and the inscription "rub", observed from different angles to the plane of the coin. At the bottom is the mint mark. Judging by the images of the coins, they are made at the St. Petersburg Mint of Goznak.
Coins in nominal value of 10 rubles, made of steel plated brass as UNC. Weight coins - 5,65g, diameter - 22 mm. Each coin is minted in an amount of 10 million pcs.
Overleaf coins in honor of Taganrog side a coat of arms: a shield divided into four parts. In the first part of the silver - Two azure belt. In the second, the purple part - the monogram of Peter I, and under it the inscription - 1698. In the third part of the azure - silver sturgeon in the zone. In the fourth, a silver box - gold caduceus (Rod heralds) laid crosswise over the two gold anchors (river) with two legs of the same metal. At the end of the XVII century Taganrog became an outpost of Russia on the Azov Sea coast. The walled city has witnessed many different battles. During the Russian-Turkish wars and in the Crimean War the garrison Taganrog times reflect enemy attacks. During the Great Patriotic Taganrog almost two years was occupied, but the difficult conditions did not break the spirit of the people who created the underground organization (one of the largest in the south). Taganrog was third after the city of Orel and Belgorod, in honor of the release of which in Moscow on August 30, 1943 took the salute.
Overleaf coins in honor of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky side a coat of arms: In a silver field three black fire-breathing mountain with red flames and black smokes over them. Supporters - silver in gold robes Holy Apostles Peter (right) and Paul (left), one hand supporting the shield, and the other with: Peter - silver keys and scroll, Paul - the book. At the foot of the shield - two positions cross paws down golden sea anchor, entwined with ribbon of the Order of the Red Banner of Labor. Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky was founded in 1740 and immediately began to play an important role in Russia's Maritime Administration. The brightest pages in the history of the city are connected with the defense of the port in August 1854, the Defence organization Kamchatka peninsula during the Russian-Japanese War and Invasion of the Kuril Islands in 1945.
Overleaf coins in honor of Maloyaroslavets imprinted with the coat of arms of the city, which is taken as a basis for the coat of arms of Yaroslavl: in a silver field with red toothed edging rebelling black bear, holding the left paw on the same arm of the golden ax, blade up on the same flagstaff. The city was founded at the end of the XIV century by Prince Vladimir of Serpukhov (Brave), who named it in honor of his fourth son of Yaroslavl. During the war of 1812, the city became the scene of a bloody battle between Napoleon's army, which tried to break into the Kaluga road, and Russian troops under the command of Kutuzov. City eight times the town passed from hand to hand, with the result that has been virtually destroyed. In the year of the Great Patriotic War Maloyaroslavets 8 days held off defender German offensive on Moscow.
Overleaf coins in honor of Mozhaisk imprinted with the emblem of the city: in the center of a silver shield, a crown surmounted by a stone - Red Fortress - a symbol of courage, strength, hard work, beauty and celebration. Military glory Mozhaisk largely obespeichvaet located 12 kilometers west of the city of Borodino field -. The place of the largest battles of the Russian troops from the army of Napoleon, in which 250 thousand people participated. During the Great Patriotic War Mozhaisk defense line played a major role in resistance to the offensive Nazi troops on Moscow. The city was occupied from 18 October 1941 to 20 January 1942.