|Artist, Sculptor||A. D. Schablykin|
|Period||Russian Federation (1997-...)|
|Release date||September 26, 2008|
|Weight||8.4 г .|
|Diameter||27 мм .|
|Thickness||2.1 мм .|
|Series||The ancient cities of Russia|
|Metal||Bi-metal (Ring - brass, disk - Melchior)|
|Edge||Ribbed with the inscription (300 corrugations and two inscriptions "10 РУБЛЕЙ", separated by two asterisks)|
The town of Priozersk (Korela), according to archaeological data existed on the banks of the river Vuoksi in the 12th century. It was a settlement of Korela tribe, one of the commercial and political centers of the time. Its placement on the Karelian Isthmus was justified by the presence of the siding on the water "from the Vikings to the Greeks." Therefore, around the city almost continuously waged a struggle for possession.
In 1295, the year the settlement Korela (Swedish Kexholm) conquered and destroyed Sigurd Locke and his Swedish knights. The same year brought a new town for the fight, and the new government - Novgorod. In 1310, the year Korela decided to turn into a fortress, which was destroyed by the old fortifications and built a new capital. The fortified town became a strategic outpost of Novgorod State to deter Swedish aggression.
At the end of the 15th century it became the center of Korela Korelian half in Vodskaya pyatina Novgorod Republic. Later - a Karelian County, part of the Grand Duchy of Moscow. According to the 1568-th year, the city numbered 406 homesteads, yards were the governor and ruler, nobility, operated 4 Monastery and the Orthodox Church.
From 1580 till 1710 the year the fortress continuously passed from Russian to the Swedes and back.
An important moment in the history of the city was the change in the main channel of the river Vuoksi in the mid-19th century. Fishing, which gave basic earnings ordinary people, has declined sharply, and this led to a decline in population Korely by almost a third. At the same time we began to appear the first industrial enterprises.
After the October Revolution, the town passed in the Finland, and as a result of the Finnish War in 1944 returned to the Soviet Union. Since that time he is called Priozersk.
In the center - the designation value of the coin "10 РУБЛЕЙ". Inside of the figure "0" - hidden, visible by turns on changing angle of view of the image numbers "10" and the inscription "РУБ". In the lower part of the disc - the mint trademark. The top of the ring along the rim - the inscription: "БАНК РОССИИ", at the bottom - the date "2008" on the left and the right - stylized twigs of plants going over to the disc.
In the center - a round portal tower of an old fortress on a background of a panorama of the city, at the top - coat of arms of the city of Priozersk; according to the circumference of the ring - the inscription: at the top - "ДРЕВНИЕ ГОРОДА РОССИИ", at the bottom - "ПРИОЗЕРСК".