|Sculptor||A. N. Bessonov|
|Artist||A. A. Brynza|
|Period||Russian Federation (1997-...)|
|Release date||March 16, 2014|
|Weight||8.4 г .|
|Diameter||27 мм .|
|Thickness||2.1 мм .|
|Series||The ancient cities of Russia|
|Metal||Bi-metal (Ring - brass, disk - Melchior)|
|Edge||Ribbed with the inscription (300 corrugations and two inscriptions "10 РУБЛЕЙ", separated by two asterisks)|
References to ancient Nerehta in written records date back to 1214 year, when there was strife among heirs of Prince Vsevolod. Chronicle of Pereyaslavl-Suzdal monastery tells us that the eldest son of Grand Duke - Konstantin Vsevolodovich - in defiance of the will of the father decided to take the throne in the middle brother, father appointed to rule.
Going to war with the brothers, the eldest son of Prince Vsevolod managed to win from the middle of the brothers Sol Great, and the younger - Nerehta city.
During the Mongol invasion Nerehtskaya town remained in the possession of the Russian princes. At that time it was owned by the wife of Dmitry Donskoy, who gave salt works and wells, as well as the entire parish Trinity-Sergius Monastery. It is known that in the rich Nerehta in 1604, the year was listed more than 300 cottages, 100 shops, a quarter hundred salt works, one of seven churches and the city's cathedral.
In the troubled times of Ivan the Terrible Nerehta was bequeathed to his son - the prince heir Fedor. At the beginning of the 17th century Polish invaders plundered and burned the town. However, the good location at the crossroads of trade routes to Kostroma, Yaroslavl, Nizhny Novgorod and Suzdal Nerehta allowed to rise from the ashes and continue its development.
Peter the Great gave Nerehta status suburb of Kostroma province in the Moscow province. In Nerehta began to develop a new industrial production- factories sulfur and alum. The skills of the peasant household weaving became the impetus for the establishment of factories for the production of linen.
The decree of Catherine the Great in 1778 Nerehta identified as the county town of Kostroma province with a resolution to have its own coat of arms. A hundred years later there were already Nerehta largest textile center of the province.
During the Soviet period of its history, the city developed as an important center of food and light industry Kostroma region. In August 1944 Nerekhtsky District, including the district center Nerehta, it was introduced in the Kostroma Region borders.
286 facilities in the city and area are of historical and cultural significance, and 22 of them are especially valuable.
In the center - the designation value of the coin "10 РУБЛЕЙ". Inside of the figure "0" - hidden, visible by turns on changing angle of view of the image of "10" and the inscription "РУБ". In the lower part of the disc - the mint trademark. The top of the ring along the rim - the inscription: "БАНК РОССИИ", at the bottom - the date "2014" on the left and the right - stylized twigs of plants going over to the disc.
Architectural panorama of the city at the top - coat of arms of Nerekhta, according to the circumference of the ring - the inscription at the top: "ДРЕВНИЕ ГОРОДА РОССИИ", below: "НЕРЕХТА".