|Artist||A. V. Baklanov|
|Sculptor||I. S. Komshilov|
|Period||Russian Federation (1997-...)|
|Release date||November 22, 2004|
|Weight||8.4 г .|
|Diameter||27 мм .|
|Thickness||2.1 мм .|
|Series||The ancient cities of Russia|
|Metal||Bi-metal (Ring - brass, disk - Melchior)|
|Edge||Ribbed with the inscription (300 corrugations and two inscriptions "10 РУБЛЕЙ", separated by two asterisks)|
Kem - old northern Russian city. The name literally to the Karelian-Finnish translation - "big river". It is located on Kem river, near its mouth, in the shipping part. Exit to the White Sea city provided good fisheries, allowed to trade with neighboring regions.
In the 15th century, Kem held Novgorod namestnitsa Martha Boretsky. She gave in 1450, the year the town Solovetsky monastery in the ancient monastery books of this fact found record.
16-17 Kem's centuries played an important defensive role for the protection of Pomerania from the attacks of Swedes. At first wooden fort was built here, which after 60 years was rebuilt into a fortress with six towers. And in 1657, the year the Solovetsky monastery strengthened Kem decker with the prison established by musket and cannon.
In 1785, the year the decree of Empress Catherine Kem received the status of county town.
In 1802, the year of Kem, before the former in Olonets province, transferred to Arkhangelsk. This gave additional impetus to the edge of the development of such areas as the industrial salt production, sailing shipbuilding, production of freshwater pearls. Kem pearls were of very high quality, had a good grade on the market. However, the barbaric treatment of pearl very quickly depleted inventories of pearls, and now it is not the river. Today, pearls can only be seen on the arms of the city.
In 1842, in the city of skipper courses were opened.
In the center - the designation value of the coin "10 РУБЛЕЙ". Inside of the figure "0" - hidden, visible by turns on changing angle of view of the image numbers "10" and the inscription "РУБ". In the lower part of the disc - the mint trademark. At the top of koltsapo circumference - the inscription: "БАНК РОССИИ", at the bottom - the date "2004" on the left and the right - stylized twigs of plants perehodyaschiena drive.
The image of the city with panoramas of the Assumption chapel in the background, above - the coat of arms of the city of Kemi, in the foreground - a boat on the river, along the rim - at the top of the inscription - "ДРЕВНИЕ ГОРОДА РОССИИ", at the bottom - "КЕМЬ".