|Artist||A. D. Schablykin|
|Sculptor||A. V. Chernousov|
|Period||Russian Federation (1997-...)|
|Release date||July 12, 2005|
|Weight||8.4 г .|
|Diameter||27 мм .|
|Thickness||2.1 мм .|
|Series||The ancient cities of Russia|
|Metal||Bi-metal (Ring - brass, disk - Melchior)|
|Edge||Ribbed with the inscription (300 corrugations and two inscriptions "10 РУБЛЕЙ", separated by two asterisks)|
In 1255, the year when the King of Bohemia Ottokar made another crusade against Prussia, he decided to lay the castle. Location selected at the confluence of the Pregel sleeves for him on a high hill, called Königsberg (today Kaliningrad) - "Royal Mountain". First, the Crusaders built a wooden fortress. But two years later the castle was rebuilt in brick.
Throughout the XIII century Königsberg was repeatedly attacked by the local population, leading into the fight against the propagation, religion. We experience the power of the castle walls and Lithuanian troops, trying to grab as a convenient strategic point.
For the conduct of construction to Konigsberg reached German settlers, who gradually settled in the area around the hill. Over time, the settlement grew to the city and got the same name with the name of the castle.
In 1457, the year the Grand Master of the Teutonic Order moved to Koenigsberg his residence. At this time there was also a center for the collection of the crusades to Lithuania and the Russian principalities.
In 1525, the year the castle passed into the possession of the Prussian Duke, was rebuilt in some places and almost completely lost its importance as a defensive structure.
In the XIX century the city again fortified with new ditches, ramparts, bastions and other buildings, many of which are can be seen today. In 1944 the city was badly damaged during the offensive of the allied troops. And in April 1945 Königsberg was taken by assault the Soviet troops. After the peace agreement, the city moved to the Soviet Union, and in 1946 it was renamed Kaliningrad.
Remains of the castle fortifications were dynamited and demolished in 1967.
World recognition to the natives of the city Konigsberg - Immanuel Kant and Ernst Theodor Hoffmann.
In the center - the designation value of the coin "10 РУБЛЕЙ". Inside of the figure "0" - hidden, visible by turns on changing angle of view of the image numbers "10" and the inscription "РУБ". Vnizhney part of the disc - the mint trademark. The top of the ring along the rim - the inscription: "БАНК РОССИИ", at the bottom - the date "2005" on the left and the right - stylized twigs of plants going over to the disc.
The image of the city panorama on the bank of the river, above - the coat of arms of the city of Kaliningrad, along the rim - inscriptions: at the top - "ДРЕВНИЕ ГОРОДА РОССИИ", at the bottom - "КАЛИНИНГРАД".