|Sculptor||A. I. Parfenov|
|Artist||A. S. Kunats|
|Period||Russian Federation (1997-...)|
|Release date||December 14, 2003|
|Weight||8.4 г .|
|Diameter||27 мм .|
|Thickness||2.1 мм .|
|Series||The ancient cities of Russia|
|Metal||Bi-metal (Ring - brass, disk - Melchior)|
|Edge||Ribbed with the inscription (300 corrugations and two inscriptions "10 РУБЛЕЙ", separated by two asterisks)|
In ancient times, the land at Smolensk city was founded Dorogobuzh. He put his Smolensk Prince Rostislav in the 1150th year, as mentioned in his literacy. Location Dorogobuzh selected very comfortable at the top of the navigable part of the Dnieper on the Moscow-Smolensk Upland.
In 1238, the year the town completely burned horde of Batu Khan. A long time passed his recovery, but at the end of the 13th century became the center of Dorogobuzh little fiefdom.
In the 15th century, numerous clashes with the Lithuanians led to the transition of the Smolensk principality, and together with him and Dorogobuzh, under the authority of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The impact of Lithuania lasted almost two centuries, when the town as a result of regular armed clashes went from one ruler to another.
Finally Dorogobuzh returned to Russia in 1667, the year, according to the terms of the peace treaty Andrusovo.
In 1530, the year on earth Dorogobuzhskaya St. Gerasimos was founded and built by Boldin monastery. He had a significant influence on the development of economic, cultural and spiritual life of the surrounding villages. Monastic churches, bell tower and the refectory became a monument of architecture of the Moscow State.
Since 1708, the year the town was part of the Smolensk province, it was the center of the county Dorogobuzh.
During the retreat from Moscow in 1812, the year the French troops completely burned the city, and throughout the 19th century, its inhabitants were reduced.
The war, which ended in 1945, almost entirely destroyed valuable historical buildings in Dorogobuzh. Germans had also blown Boldin monastery.
In the 50s of the last century, after the construction and opening of Dorogobuzhskaya GRES, the revival of the city and region.
In the center - the designation value of the coin "10 РУБЛЕЙ". Inside of the figure "0" - hidden, visible by turns on changing angle of view of the image numbers "10" and the inscription "РУБ". In the lower part of the disc - the mint trademark. The top of the ring along the rim - the inscription: "БАНК РОССИИ", at the bottom - the date "2003" on the left and the right - stylized twigs of plants going over to the disc.
The image of the city panorama on the bank of the river, above - the coat of arms of the city Dorogobuzh, foreground right - a monument to the heroes of the Patriotic War of 1812, along the rim - inscriptions: at the top - "ДРЕВНИЕ ГОРОДА РОССИИ", at the bottom - "ДОРОГОБУЖ".