|Artist||A. D. Schablykin|
|Sculptor||I. S. Komshilov|
|Period||Russian Federation (1997-...)|
|Release date||November 24, 2005|
|Weight||8.4 г .|
|Diameter||27 мм .|
|Thickness||2.1 мм .|
|Series||The ancient cities of Russia|
|Metal||Bi-metal (Ring - brass, disk - Melchior)|
|Edge||Ribbed with the inscription (300 corrugations and two inscriptions "10 РУБЛЕЙ", separated by two asterisks)|
Borovsk - the city belonged to the Kaluga region, located in one of the great scenic spots central Russia. Hilly terrain along the river Protva surrounds the fabulous forest, which gave the name to the town.
The 9-13-X centuries there was old Russian settlement, as evidenced by archaeological finds. And the city was a major center of development and already in 1358, the year, as there is a record in the spiritual literacy Ivan Red, Moscow prince.
At the end of the 14th century it was referred to Borovsk Dmitry Donskoy, along with several villages Serpukhovian Prince, and became one of the main centers in the Serpukhov-Bohr principality. In 1380, the year-Serpukhovsko Bohr Prince Vladimir Andreyevich came with his army to the aid of Dmitry Donskoy in the Kulikov battle. It played a decisive role in the outcome of the battle, and Prince Vladimir was called then "Brave".
While standing on the Ugra Tatar troops in Borovsk in 1480, the year the rate was situated Ivan III.
In the mid-15th century, the city was founded Pafnutyevo-Borovsky monastery, religious and cultural center, which played an important role in the destruction of the Old Believers in Russia. In the 17th century here were exiled head of Old Believers Avvakum and his associates: noblewoman Morozova and her sister Princess Urusova.
In the early 16th century on the left bank Protva increased Pushkarskaya Sloboda, which enhance the power and value of the defense of the city, play a significant role in the defense of the south-western borders of the Russian state.
When in 1812 the French retreat from Moscow, passing through Borovsk, they are almost completely burned and looted it.
The city school started its teaching and research activities of Tsiolkovsky.
Since the year 2000 is a historic town Borovsk Russia.
In the center - the designation value of the coin "10 РУБЛЕЙ". Inside of the figure "0" - hidden, visible by turns on changing angle of view of the image numbers "10" and the inscription "РУБ". Vnizhney part of the disc - the mint trademark. The top of the ring along the rim - the inscription: "БАНК РОССИИ", at the bottom - the date "2005" on the left and the right - stylized twigs of plants going over to the disc.
Picture panorama of the city, above - the coat of arms of the town of Borovsk, along the rim - inscriptions: at the top - "ДРЕВНИЕ ГОРОДА РОССИИ", at the bottom - "БОРОВСК".