Coin Belgorod region
|Artist||A. D. Schablykin|
|Period||Russian Federation (1997-...)|
|Release date||June 28, 2016|
|Weight||8.4 г .|
|Diameter||27 мм .|
|Thickness||2.1 мм .|
|Metal||Bi-metal (Ring - brass, disk - Melchior)|
|Edge||Ribbed with the inscription (300 corrugations and two inscriptions "10 РУБЛЕЙ", separated by two asterisks)|
In ancient times, around the VIII century on the territory of the Belgorod region Alans lived (saltovo-mayaki). From the VIII century west Belgorod master northerners (Romenskaya borschёvskaya-culture). In the VIII-IX centuries this territory fell under the rule of the Khazars. During the Kievan Rus, it was part of the Chernigov principality. Mongol-Tatar invasion led to the desolation of the region. Then Belgorodchina beginning to explore the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Since 1500 she is part of the Grand Duchy of Moscow.
At the turn of XVI-XVII centuries for the reliable protection of Russian possessions solid line was built military fortifications - Belgorod defensive line, which stretches almost 800 kilometers. Belgorod became the military and administrative center, which was a big Belgorod regiment. In the XVI century in the Belgorod region on the banks of the river Oskol located fortress, later turned into Valuysky Orthodox monastery. Originating as an outpost on the southern borders of Russia, the Belgorod region has written in its history many remarkable heroic pages. For exploits in the battle at Poltava, Peter I granted the Grand Belgorod regiment soldiers banner.
In the years 1708-1727 the territory of the modern Belgorod region was included in Kiev and the Azov province. In 1727, Belgorod province was formed, which lasted until 1779. She held the land not only modern Belgorod region, but also the territory of present Kursk, Orel, partly Bryansk and Kharkov regions. There was a coat of arms of the province, which is now the emblem of the Belgorod region.
In the years 1775-1779 the territory of the Belgorod province was divided between the newly formed provinces and vicariate and the province itself was abolished. Belgorod region, including the city of Belgorod, Kursk joined the governorship, southeastern counties have been attributed to the province of Voronezh. In the XIX century Belgorod land was part of the Kursk province.
After the signing of the Brest peace, from April 1918 to January 1919's Belgorod region was part of the Ukrainian State of Hetman P. Skoropadsky.
Until 1928, the territory of the modern Belgorod region was part of the Voronezh and Kursk provinces.
In the Belgorod land during the Great Patriotic War was the famous Prokhorovka tank battle, which became the starting point of the Victory over Nazi Germany. In memory of him in the center of the arc of fire on the third battlefield Russia - Prokhorovka erected Victory Monument - Belfry, and in the village on people's donations erected Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul.
January 6, 1954 the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR issued a decree on the formation of the Belgorod region. The region included: from the Kursk region - the city of Belgorod and Stary Oskol, Belgorod, Belenihinsky, Bobrovo-Dvorsky, More Trinity, Borisov, Valuysky, Velikomikhaylovskiy, Volokonovsky, Graivoronsky, Ivnyansky, Korochansky, Krasnojaruzhsky, Mikoyan, New Oskol, Prokhorovsky, Rakityansky, Sazhensky, Skorodnyansky, Old Oskol, Tomarovskaya, Urazovsky, Chernyansky and Shebekinsky areas; from Voronezh region - Alexis, Budёnovsky, Veydelevsky, Ladomirovsky, Nikitovsky, Rovensky, Ukolovsky and Shatalovsky areas.
April 26, 1954 the Supreme Soviet of the USSR approved the establishment of the Belgorod region.
On the drive to the center - the denomination of the coin "10 РУБЛЕЙ", inside the numbers "0" - hidden, visible by turns on changing angle of view of the image of "10" and the inscription "rub" at the bottom - the mint trademark; on top of the ring - the inscription: "БАНК РОССИИ", at the bottom - the year of issue "2016", the left and the right - stylized twigs of plants going over to the disc.
Emblem of the Belgorod region, along the rim - inscriptions, separated by two dots: at the top - "РОССИЙСКАЯ ФЕДЕРАЦИЯ" at the bottom - "БЕЛГОРОДСКАЯ ОБЛАСТЬ".