Coin 150th Anniversary of the Russian Historical Society
|Художник аверса||E. V. Kramskaya|
|Художник реверса||A. D. Schablykin|
|Скульптор реверса||F. S. Andronov|
|Скульптор аверса||A. A. Dolgopolova|
|Period||Russian Federation (1997-...)|
|Release date||January 25, 2017|
|Weight||6 г .|
|Diameter||25 мм .|
|Thickness||1.8 мм .|
|Metal||Nickel Plated Steel|
|Edge||Ribbed with smooth sections (12 sections on the 5 reefs)|
The Society was organized in March 1866, and the decree of Emperor Alexander II was issued on May 23, 1866. The first chairman of the Society was elected Prince Pyotr Andreevich Vyazemsky, a member of the State Council, a famous poet.
The symbol of the society was the monument to Minin and Pozharsky on Red Square in Moscow - on the coin reverse, dedicated to 150th anniversary of the Russian Historical Society, this monument is represented.
For the sake of justice, it must be said that at the foundation the society was called "Russian Historical" and was rather a "closed" club of historians - it was so impossible to join the Society, it required a recommendation of at least two of its permanent members.
The society carried out a lot of educational work, which apparently did not go unnoticed by the Bolsheviks who came to power in 1917 - almost all members of the Society suffered from the new power, and the Society itself first moved to Prague, and then it turned out to be overseas.
Since the dissolution of the USSR, attempts have been made to revive the beginning of the mid-19th century - in 2004 the Russian Historical Society was revived, but this was still at the level of public initiative. In fact, the business moved from its place in 2012, when the government joined the Society, and the society itself became known as the "Russian Historical".
In the center of the disk - the denomination of the coin in two lines: "5 РУБЛЕЙ", below - the inscription: "БАНК РОССИИ", under it - the year of coinage: "2016", left and right - stylized branch of the plant, on the right at the edge - yard.
In the center of the disk there is an image of the monument to Minin and Pozharsky in Moscow, beneath it there is an inscription in three lines: "РОССИЙСКОЕ ИСТОРИЧЕСКОЕ ОБЩЕСТВО", at the top along the edge is the inscription: "ОСНОВАНО В 1866 г.".